- Breaking Traditions Awards
- Award Winner Recognition
- Daphna Jones Spirit Award
- Past Award Winners
- Who May Be Nominated
Breaking Traditions Awards 2013
Please note this change in the nomination process! All Breaking Traditions nomination forms must be sent as an email attachment from the school contact person to your regional Career Education Coordinator (CEC) no later than February 1, 2013.
Promote your nontraditional programs and recognize your outstanding students!
- Simplified Application
- Scholarship Opportunities at All Missouri Community Colleges and Linn State Technical College for State Winners
- Statewide Recognition
- All nominators will receive award certificates that can be displayed to promote their school and program.
Each school may submit:
- One Secondary Student (12th grade ONLY); and
- One Post-Secondary or Adult Student
for EACH nontraditional career-technical program.
NOTE: Use the state Perkins nontraditional careers list when determining whether a student qualifies for the Breaking Traditions award. You can find the list on the Breaking Traditions website and the DESE website. This is the same list used for Perkins accountability reports.
Sponsored by Department of Elementary and Secondary Education,
Office of College and Career Readiness.